Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> on 2005/03/07 16:18:55 UTC

Cocoon aggregation samples: Connection Refused Error

Hello, I'm a newbie Cocoon user, I've made my first contact with this
technology through Apache Lenya, after having several problems
implementing some stuff I needed in a webpage I decided to start from
the begining and study a little of Cocoon's framework. I've made a new
instalation of Cocoon 2.1.6, first using Jetty and then using Tomcat, by
following the instalation instructions. Everything seems to be working
fine, but after heading for the Aggregation samples section and clicking
the "Data Sources" and "Aggregation Samples" links available I kept
receiving an Connection Refused error. Sample links that only make use
of local data seem to work correctly, which leads me to think that I'm
suffering some sort of internet connectivity configuration issues. I'm
using a proxy, which is configured in the system, do I need to make any
further configuration under Tomcat or Cocoon in order to solve this error?

Thanks in advance,
Rolando

Re: Cocoon aggregation samples: Connection Refused Error

Posted by Ray Allis <ra...@comcast.net>.
I have this problem with Solaris SPARC behind a corporate firewall.

This is from an old email:

> (#1 of 7)
>               Add New Message
> In your code you could try the following before doing any network
> related stuff:
>
> System.getProperties().put( "proxySet", "true" );
> System.getProperties().put(
> "proxyHost", "myProxyMachineName" ); System.getProperties().put(
> "proxyPort", "85" );
>
> You can also do this on the command line to java: java -DproxySet=true
> -DproxyHost=something.proxy.com -DproxyPort=85 Application
>
> I have used the command line version but not the code version above.
>
> Also, more info available at:
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip42.html
>
> Daniel

I set the JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable in my .kshrc and cocoon.sh
picks it up in the java command line:

> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java
> export JAVA_OPTIONS=" -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=your.proxy.host.here
> -DproxyPort=1234"

(that is two lines, incase the mailer wraps them.)
Enjoy!

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.
During my research to find a solution to problem I stated before, I've
found a mail thread from serverals years ago where the same issue was
discussed, but no solution was pointed  >>> Cocoon not able to read
external URLs VIA Proxy Servers
(http://java2.5341.com/msg/26638.html)... I failed to find any other
sources of information... can anyone help me out?

Thanks for the attention,

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.