Posted to users@sling.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 10:38:38 UTC

Mime type issue when using Sling with Web Dav

We noticed that the mime type is set to "application/octet-stream" when we
copy the files from a Windows client to the Sling server running on Windows
via Web Dav.  But the mime type is correctly set if we copy files from Linux
to Windows or Linux to Linux.  Is this a known issue?  OR am I missing
something.  Appreciate any pointers.

Re: Mime type issue when using Sling with Web Dav

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand, you are correct.  The WebDav tool we were using (Good Sync) was
creating a temporary file during the synchronization.  After un-checking
this option in the tool, the mime type is set correctly.

Re: Mime type issue when using Sling with Web Dav

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM, anjan <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We noticed that the mime type is set to "application/octet-stream" when we
> copy the files from a Windows client to the Sling server running on Windows
> via Web Dav.  But the mime type is correctly set if we copy files from Linux
> to Windows or Linux to Linux.  Is this a known issue?...

It looks like this would be caused by the WebDAV clients that you use,
could you capture the HTTP traffic between them and Sling to verify?

-Bertrand