Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by 17amrut29 <17...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 20:26:41 UTC

Overriding seqdumper in FPM output

I generated frequent patterns using fpg. However, for displaying the output,
I would like to override the seqdumper. I don't want to display the output
as Key,Value. I would just like to output each unique pattern and its
support (as in, just the unique "Values"). How can I do this (apart, of
course, from writing a postprocessing script to extract what I need after
dumping stuff with seqdumper) ?

Thanks!

Re: Overriding seqdumper in FPM output

Posted by 17amrut29 <17...@gmail.com>.
Got this figured out. I wrote my own FPDisplay class, where I read in the
sequence files as is normally done (got a new configuration, FileSystem
instance, and setup a SequenceFile.Reader), and stored the
List<Pair&lt;List&lt;String>,Long> value field of each row into a Hashmap,
and then printed the hashmap. Simple, but requires some initial experience
with Mahout.