Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Patton <tp...@dealcatcher.com> on 2006/08/09 17:47:42 UTC

Packaging all modules as Jar

I'm trying to package all of the compiled code of several modules into 1 jar but I can't seem to figure out the assembly plugin.  I tried including this in my parent pom:

<build>
..
<plugin>
        <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
</plugin>
</build>

And executing this command line that I found on the maven site somewhere:

mvn assembly:assembly -DprojectModulesOnly=true -DdescriptorId=bin

However it tells me I need a descriptorId, which I specified.  Plus "bin" isn't really what I want, I just want a jar file of my code only, not any config files or dependent jars.

As a side note, is there any task to run to update all maven plugins?  When working with this and my failed attempt at aggregating javadocs for my project (looks like I am sticking with ant for that part) I had to specify a version so maven could download the latest plugin.  I guess somehow it was using a 1.0 plugin even though I thought the latest plugins would be in the distribution I  downloaded.

RE: Packaging all modules as Jar

Posted by LECAN Damien <Da...@B2i.fr>.
Hello

> The version you're using doesn't "easily" support what you want to
> accomplish.  You might want to try the 2.1 version or maybe
> the snapshot version 2.2-SNAPSHOT.
Where to find org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-archiver:jar:1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT ?

It doesn't seem to be deployed either on people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository or on snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2

Thanks

Damien

Re: Packaging all modules as Jar

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
The version you're using doesn't "easily" support what you want to
accomplish.  You might want to try the 2.1 version or maybe the snapshot
version 2.2-SNAPSHOT.

I have a staging site deployed for 2.2-SNAPSHOT which has an example of
you're trying to do at
http://people.apache.org/~epunzalan/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/multimodule/index.html.

If you're going to use the SNAPSHOT version, you also might want to take
a look into
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

Hope that helps

^_^