Posted to users@maven.apache.org by khote <kh...@mminternet.com> on 2003/09/17 16:15:28 UTC

maven vs ant property settings

I understant an important difference in the way maven and ant handle
property settings is first-set vs last-set.
when I'm in a child project that wants to inherit from the parent in this
manner:

  <property file="../project.properties"/>
  <property file="../build.properties"/>

It's not always convenient to use the parent reactor to execute in child
projects, so I can't always count on those settings existing, particularly
directory settings in the build.properties for local system information.

Which way is it being done, maven or ant?  If ant, is there a way to get it
done last-set?

Re: maven vs ant property settings

Posted by Dominik Dahlem <Do...@cs.tcd.ie>.
I should mention that I don't want to use ~/build.properties, because
I'd like to have everything in CVS.

Dominik

Posted by Dominik Dahlem <Do...@cs.tcd.ie>.