Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2022/07/04 12:27:34 UTC

NB14 'call hierarchy' 'search from base class' does not work

Now running on:

Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 14
Java: 17.0.3; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 17.0.3+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.3+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
System: Linux version 5.4.0-110-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

It still doesnt work.

Gr. Simon

Re: NB14 'call hierarchy' 'search from base class' does not work

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
What i can see is that nb11 and nb12 worked. nb13 doesn't anymore.

When i look in the sources i can see a lot of work has been done in this
(call hierarchy) area. for instance:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/072306a8d9d5b1cd7597805ff3260039667f17e9

It looks like a LSP subsystem is integrated (lots of new code), and
java.refactor module is made more robust.

Can somebody explain in broader terms what is changed here?

maybe the author: Svatopluk Dedic sdedic?

specific: Can i limit my hunt to the java.refactor module?

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 14-07-2022 17:57, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 14-07-2022 15:34, Jean-Marc Borer wrote:
>> Maybe this can help as well to start searching at the right place:
>>
>> https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqFindLocationInSourcesFromUi.asciidoc
>>

> Thanks!
>
> BTW:
>
> I've researched further into class hierachy behaviour, and i've found
> another class hierarchy anomaly:
>
> In the navigator an override of a method of an abstract class has an
> arrow indicating the baseclass where an interface (not so different from

implementation of a interface.

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
filed a bug report

Posted by Alexander Kronenwett <ak...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I also have this problem on Mac M1 with self-built NB14.

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
here a tip how to find code responsible for certain features:

1) try to find a fairly unique String in the UI which is associated with
the feature (menu entry, window title etc), e.g "call hierarchy"
2) do a full text search, look for Bundle.properties

open that property. You are in the right module 99% of the time, often
even in the right package. (some Strings are defined via annotations, so
look for java files if you are not getting any bundle hits)

thats how i find things at least,

-mbien

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.