Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Douglas Campbell <de...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/03 23:11:48 UTC

1.2 to 1.4 datafile conversion

Are there any tools for this because as far as we can tell 1.2 datafiles are unreadable by 1.4 apis?

Any pointers to discussions and solutions for this appreciated.

Re: 1.2 to 1.4 datafile conversion

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 11/03/2010 03:11 PM, Douglas Campbell wrote:
> Are there any tools for this because as far as we can tell 1.2 datafiles
> are unreadable by 1.4 apis?

Not that I know of.  I didn't think anyone had used the 1.2 datafile
format!  But, if some did, a format converter would be a good tool to have.

I filed a Jira issue about this:

I attached a patch to that that adds a class that should be able to read
1.2-format files.  Rewriting them in the current format should then be
simple.  Do you require a command-line based tool?

Please follow up on that issue.

Thanks,

Doug