Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amandeep Singh09 <Am...@infosys.com> on 2009/07/03 13:24:33 UTC

Merging SOLR Documents

Hi list,
I am new to this list and just starting solr. My question is how can we merge the results of two different searches. I mean if we have a function that has two threads so it has to go to two differen solr servers to get the result. Is there any way to merge the result using solr and solrj or dow we have to do it in java only?

Thanks

Amandeep Singh

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Merging SOLR Documents

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
What you are talking about is federated search, and is beyond the
scope of Solr.  However, maybe you can merge the two indexes into one
index, and then distribute over multiple servers to get the
performance you are looking for?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com