Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Corin Moss <Co...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2004/03/15 10:09:27 UTC

Lateral cache - configuration issue with TCP

Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying to configure the TCP Lateral Cache.  My configuration is (almost) line for line from the examples, however it seems that JCS is refusing to use TCP, and is instead using UDP.  I really can't see how this is possible!

What follows is my configuation, and the debug output of JCS:

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
# System CACHE REGION
jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
jcs.region.main=DC,LTCP
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/www/cocoon/webapps/cocoon/index-disk-cache
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=localhost:1111
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=true

Debug output

2004-03-15 22:01:25,657 [main] DEBUG org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheManager - Creating lateral cache service, lca = cacheName=main
putOnlyMode=true
transmissionTypeName=UDP
transmissionType=2
tcpServer=
228.5.6.76789

As you can see - this is clearly not what is configured :) This has me really confused.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

Corin