Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org> on 2010/08/12 05:56:05 UTC

mahout hudson cleanup?

While I was poking around in hudson to get the mahout-nightly build
working, I noticed that there's some redundancy in the existing Hudson
projects for Mahout and I'd like to get rid of some of the extra
projects, at the very least to make the move to the new Husdon master
easier.

We currently have:

mahout-collections-trunk (keep)
mahout-nightly (builds and deploys nightly snapshots to the apache
maven repo, keep)
Mahout-Patch (remove)
Mahout-Patch-Admin (remove, not sure what these are for, but my gut is
to toss them as they haven't run in 1yr 9mo)
Mahout-Quality (keep, set up to generate project reports, mark jira issues, etc)
Mahout-Trunk (remove, just does a clean install, but no deploy,
redundant with mahout-nightly, so toss)
MahoutQM (remove, apparently the old code quality/reporting project, I
think Mahout-Quality covers everything here and more, so toss)

Anyone have any concerns with me removing the redundant projects?

- Drew

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

This sounds like a right step.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We currently have:
>>
>> mahout-collections-trunk (keep)
>>
> Why do we need this separately ?

The idea was to release mahout-collections independently from the rest
of mahout, as a result it is not build as a part of the main mahout
build/maven project.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> As soon as someone tells me the right URLs to access each Mahout
>> module's java doc I am +1 here as well. So far I could only make out
>> the documentation for the core module..
>
> Goto MahoutQuality and click on javadoc

It looks like that only covers core -- I don't see math, utils, examples.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > As soon as someone tells me the right URLs to access each Mahout
> > module's java doc I am +1 here as well. So far I could only make out
> > the documentation for the core module...
>
> Does MahoutQM put the docs javadocs somewhere accessable via the web?

It published the Maven Site on hudson in a directory that is accessible
from the web. Part of that site is JavaDoc - older versions are still
online:

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/userContent/lucene-mahout/utils-reports/apidocs/index.html
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/userContent/lucene-mahout/core-reports/apidocs/index.html
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/userContent/lucene-mahout/matrix-reports/apidocs/index.html

Have to admit though that this solution solves only the problem of
having JavaDocs for whatever is currently checked-in in trunk.

Isabel

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Re: mahout hudson cleanup?

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org> wrote:

> While I was poking around in hudson to get the mahout-nightly build
> working, I noticed that there's some redundancy in the existing Hudson
> projects for Mahout and I'd like to get rid of some of the extra
> projects, at the very least to make the move to the new Husdon master
> easier.
>
> We currently have:
>
> mahout-collections-trunk (keep)

Why do we need this separately ?

mahout-nightly (builds and deploys nightly snapshots to the apache
> maven repo, keep)

+1

Mahout-Patch (remove)
> Mahout-Patch-Admin (remove, not sure what these are for, but my gut is
> to toss them as they haven't run in 1yr 9mo)

Do you know any way to get these working for patch submissions on JIRA like
how Hadoop is doing. Test after commit is not a very good model. Maybe
modify MahoutQuality? I couldnt understand how it was being done in the
hadoop-qa job, so you are welcome to try.

> Mahout-Quality (keep, set up to generate project reports, mark jira issues,
> etc)

+100