Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "Brady, John" <jo...@intel.com> on 2015/03/02 12:15:18 UTC

Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1 - Error Incompatible jars detected between client and server

Hi,

Trying to install Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1.

I've put the phoenix client and server jars in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase

When I try launch ./sqlline.py localhost

I get the error below - but the jar and client jar are both phoenix-4.3.0.

I've read here (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/phoenix-user/201502.mbox/browser) that phoenix 4.3 is built with Hbase 0.98.9 and the version in CDH 5.3.1 is 0.98.6.

Is this an issue or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Error: ERROR 2006 (INT08): Incompatible jars detected between client and server. Ensure that phoenix.jar is put on the classpath of HBase in every region server: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.exceptions.UnknownProtocolException: No registered coprocessor service found for name MetaDataService in region SYSTEM.CATALOG,,1425031594649.2d387efde9428a05a015cca95477a911.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:5662)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execServiceOnRegion(HRegionServer.java:3421)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execService(HRegionServer.java:3403)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:29929)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2031)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:108)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:116)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:96)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) (state=INT08,code=2006)
Intel Ireland Limited (Branch)
Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland
Registered Number: E902934

Re: RE: Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1 - Error Incompatible jars detected between client and server

Posted by "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>.
Hi

Good news. However, you may want to check more on use cases of local index or CsvBulkloadTool, check if you
can still had problems. At least you cannot create local index with current 0.98.6 version hbase.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: Brady, John
Date: 2015-03-03 16:44
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: RE: Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1 - Error Incompatible jars detected between client and server
Hi Sun,

I got it to work. The jars should be in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase/lib instead of /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase.

I didn’t build it. Just copied to hbase class path and restarted the cluster.

Thanks

Did you build phoenix against your cloudera cluster ? Cause I cannot build phoenix 4.3 release against
0.98.6 hbase version, with some compiling issues of local index splitter. So maybe you want to do upgrade
with hbase version 0.98.9+.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

Posted by "Brady, John" <jo...@intel.com>.
Hi Sun,

I got it to work. The jars should be in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase/lib instead of /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase.

I didn’t build it. Just copied to hbase class path and restarted the cluster.

Thanks

Did you build phoenix against your cloudera cluster ? Cause I cannot build phoenix 4.3 release against
0.98.6 hbase version, with some compiling issues of local index splitter. So maybe you want to do upgrade
with hbase version 0.98.9+.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet