Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Harald Falkenberg <ha...@desy.de> on 2005/03/01 17:20:28 UTC

[users@httpd] /server-status needs the largest request time: why?

Hi,

can anybody explain why /server-status (we use extendedstatus on) needs so
long to answer the request? Pages take
	0-30 msecs
/server-status take
	300-700 msec
What is /server-status checking, which might affect this value?

Any hint is welcome!

Bye
	Harald

Re: [users@httpd] /server-status needs the largest request time: why?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:20:28 +0100 (MET), Harald Falkenberg
<ha...@desy.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anybody explain why /server-status (we use extendedstatus on) needs so
> long to answer the request? Pages take
>         0-30 msecs
> /server-status take
>         300-700 msec
> What is /server-status checking, which might affect this value?

It has to go through the entire apache scoreboard to gather info about
each child.  Plus it is not optimized for speed, since it is designed
only for diagnostics.

Joshua.