Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com> on 2003/06/25 22:50:43 UTC

Xindice in Websphere anyone?

Hello, all.

I'm preparing a short tutorial in which I will demonstrate the features of
Xindice. This will be conducted during the ICWE'03 conference:
http://lsi.uniovi.es/~labra/icwe03/tutorials.html#XMLDB

So, I'm trying to configure Xindice deploying it in a nice Websphere 4.02
box we got around here. It installed correctly, it started correctly from
the admin console, but no response to any query. It doesn't show the ugly
debug tool...and that's bad...

I thought I could ask around here before just in case anybody installed it
on similar environment successfully. Anybody?

Anyway, I'll go on investigating on my own. I need to find a solution asap.
I will post again if so.

Best.

ps: sorry if this appears posted more than once but I'm having trouble
posting to this mailing list.

Re: Xindice in Websphere anyone?

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@simbiosystems.com>.
Kevin,

I think the same. That's why I'm trying to find now if it is a Websphere
bug. I have checked on WAS 4.0.2 and WAS 5.0 and it did not work on any of
them.

I have checked the spec and this is what it says related to mappings
(following
the DTD, section 11.2 is applicable for url-pattern):
------ from the spec -----
In the web application deployment descriptor, the following syntax is used
to define mappings:
- A string beginning with a '/' character and ending with a '/*' postfix is
used for path mapping.
- A string beginning with a '*.' prefix is used as an extension mapping.
- A string containing only the '/' character indicates the "default" servlet
of the application. In this case the servlet path is the request URI minus
the context path and the path info is null.
- All other strings are used for exact matches only.
------ from the spec -----

I'll post a solution if I can find it :-)