Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Drost, Jeff" <je...@microman.net> on 2004/04/05 17:59:46 UTC

James 2.1.3 - JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet dropping incoming mail

Host
====
- Windows XP SP1
- JDK 1.4.2.04
- MySQL 4.0.18

Configuration Details
=====================
James is running on the host machine as a Service via the wrapper executable
packaged with the James binary.  Attached is the config.xml.  All repository
data is stored in the MySQL database.  There are three mail accounts setup
in james: info01, info02, and jefftest.  DNS MX records exist
(drost.servebeer.com & drost.bounceme.net).

Question
========
I'm trying to get James running with the JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet.
Specifically, I am trying to get James to differentiate between
info@drost.servebeer.com and info@drost.bounceme.net as two separate
accounts, mapped to the accounts info02 and info01.

The mail account "jefftest" is not entered in the virtualusertable, and can
always send and receive mail successfully.  The mail accounts info01 &
info02 exist in the virtualusertable, and can send mail successfully.  All
incoming mail to info@drost.servebeer.com or drost.bounceme.net is never
spooled to their respective inboxes.

I tried the suggestions at
http://www.mail-archive.com/server-user@james.apache.org/msg01598.html, and
for fun tried all of the data entry below in the virtualusertable, but no
configuration would function.

Configuration 1:
| user | domain              | target_address             |
+------+---------------------+----------------------------+
| info | drost.servebeer.com | info02@drost.servebeer.com |
| info | drost.bounceme.net  | info01@drost.bounceme.net  |

Configuration 2:
| user | domain              | target_address |
+------+---------------------+----------------+
| info | drost.bounceme.net  | info01         |
| info | drost.servebeer.com | info02         |

Configuration 3:
| user   | domain              | target_address           |
+--------+---------------------+--------------------------+
| info01 | drost.bounceme.net  | info@drost.bounceme.net  |
| info02 | drost.servebeer.com | info@drost.servebeer.com |

Configuration 4:
| user   | domain              | target_address |
+--------+---------------------+----------------+
| info01 | drost.bounceme.net  | info           |
| info02 | drost.servebeer.com | info           |

Any insight is appreciated.

RE: James 2.1.3 - JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet dropping incoming mail

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
You want

 | user | domain              | target_address |
 | info | drost.bounceme.net  | info01         |
 | info | drost.servebeer.com | info02         |

If you use the new test build, one of the the things you'll see is a log
entry indicating what mapping took place for that name.

	--- Noel