Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Emanuel Schleussinger <sc...@gourmondo.de> on 2008/11/22 22:01:57 UTC

Frames can be useful - in Wicket?

Hi all,

first of , i have been listening in here for some time now. What a nice
and vibrant community. Thanks for the great product.

Onto my question: I have implemented several webpage systems in Wicket,
and have now arrived at a system where, in my view, it makes genuine
sense to use HTML Frames that interact with one another.

>>From some googling, I discovered i could easily load bookmarkablepages
into each Frame, but I think i am missing something relevant: the Page
thus far was the top level object for interaction between Components.
How do i interact in between frames without breaking the rules?

Example: I have Frame A that runs "ConfigPage" - which has some Form
Fields. In Frame B, I want to reflect things that were done in Frame A,
ideally via AJAX. Is that easily doable?

Thanks for any clues,
Emanuel

PS: Why Frames? I want to load a Frame with a Wicket Page that will load
whole external HTML pages, and alter their behaviour / DOM / etc via the
config panel on the left.

Re: Frames can be useful - in Wicket?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
this is only possible via javascript. you can have frame1 render
javascript that reloads frame2, etc.

-igor