Posted to user-zh@flink.apache.org by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/24 04:15:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move Hive document to "Table & SQL Connectors" from "Table API & SQL"

Hi devs and users:

After the 1.11 release, I heard some voices recently: How can't Hive's
documents be found in the "Table & SQL Connectors".

Actually, Hive's documents are in the "Table API & SQL". Since the "Table &
SQL Connectors" document was extracted separately, Hive is a little out of
place.
And Hive's code is also in "flink-connector-hive", which should be a
connector.
Hive also includes the concept of HiveCatalog. Is catalog a part of the
connector? I think so.

What do you think? If you don't object, I think we can move it.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Move Hive document to "Table & SQL Connectors" from "Table API & SQL"

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your feedback.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-19415 for track this.

Best,
Jingsong

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best regards!
Rui Li

Re: [DISCUSS] Move Hive document to "Table & SQL Connectors" from "Table API & SQL"

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.
+1

nashcen <24...@qq.com> 于2020年9月24日周四 下午1:09写道:

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: [DISCUSS] Move Hive document to "Table & SQL Connectors" from "Table API & SQL"

Posted by nashcen <24...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
+1 to move it there.