Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Marc Veary <nw...@googlemail.com> on 2007/07/06 13:55:04 UTC

Java 5 with the trunk

Hi,

Is everyone using Java 5 or greater when compiling the trunk?

The reason I ask is that Maven complained when I compiled a class with
generics - so I have unpdated the project POM to force the use of Java 5.
But I didn't want to raise a JIRA on this until I had checked.

Kind regards,
--
Marc

Re: Java 5 with the trunk

Posted by Marc Veary <nw...@googlemail.com>.
I'll create a JIRA for it and add a patch.

Re: Java 5 with the trunk

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.

Re: Java 5 with the trunk

Posted by Marc Veary <nw...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Craig,

Bit by bit - the 'little and often' approach I have found to be the best in
refactoring work, so generally I will do one class and related classes at a
time.  I don't even want to do a whole package at one go.  Change-test,
change-test, etc.

Kind regards,
--
Marc

On 7/6/07, CDoremus@hannaford.com <CD...@hannaford.com> wrote:

> Marc,
>
> I agree with Elliot that we should now use Java 5 on the trunk, but I'd
> like to add that we should keep the pluto-1.1.x branch at JDK 1.4compatibility.
>
> What is your strategy on doing the Generics refactoring? Are you doing on
> everything at once. or one or more modules at a time?
>
> Thank you for all your hard work the last few weeks.
> /Craig
>

>  *"Marc Veary" <nw...@googlemail.com>*
>
> 07/06/2007 07:55 AM  Please respond to
> pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

> pluto-dev@portals.apache.org  cc
>
>  Subject
> Java 5 with the trunk
>

> Hi,
>
> Is everyone using Java 5 or greater when compiling the trunk?
>
> The reason I ask is that Maven complained when I compiled a class with
> generics - so I have unpdated the project POM to force the use of Java 5.
>  But I didn't want to raise a JIRA on this until I had checked.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Marc

Re: Java 5 with the trunk