Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ar...@exoplatform.com> on 2009/09/03 22:36:21 UTC

Did you upgrade to Snow Leopard (Java 6 & Animal Sniffer)

Hi team and his MacOs users,
  Did you upgrade to Snow Leopard ?
  I would like to do it but my main issue is that there is only Java 6 on it
and animal sniffer isn't yet ready to controle that our projects are
compatible with Java 1.4 (Shared, Plugins, Core <2.2) or 1.5 (Core >= 2.2).

  I know that Stephen Connolly is working on it with kohsuke to real a new
version of the plugin on mojo.codehaus.org.

  Do we plan to use it in all our builds when it will be ready ?
  I don't know if this sort of control has to be launched for all build.
  I would prefer to have it in the release profile and to have this profile
activated in our continuous integration builds.

WDYT ?

Cheers,

Arnaud

# Arnaud Héritier
# Software Factory Manager
# eXo Platform
# http://www.exoplatform.com
# http://blog.aheritier.net

Re: Did you upgrade to Snow Leopard (Java 6 & Animal Sniffer)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I expect it to be ready for 1.3-alpha-1 some time next week

currently working on ensuring that java signatures can be created from
maven without the antrun hacks kohsuke has used

life would be easier if maven-toolchain-plugin had an official release
(hint hint)

also I'm looking at making enforcer rule using animal sniffer... may
need to coord with Brian f on that if I have issues

I'm not entirely happy with the current hacky way that the signatures
are loaded... I'd prefer to add them as dependencies to the plugin
rather than the current hack of explicitly pulling the signatures from
the m2 repo... not sure yet if this kind of tight coupling is a good
plan... though it makes non m2 use easier.  6 of one, half dozen the
other

Stephen