Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mar1394 <Ma...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/12/21 00:51:05 UTC

Kaha persistence configuration - Unsatisfied dependency exception

I am using the 4.1.0 incubator version of ActiveMQ.  I am trying to configure
Kaha persistence. I have this in activemq.xml:

<persistenceAdapter>
    <kahaPersistenceAdapter dir="../activemq-data" />
</persistenceAdapter>

I am running on RedHat Linux. uname -a returns:
Linux chill.jpl.nasa.gov 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:26:27 EDT 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

When I run activemq I get the exceptions below. It looks to me like the
KahaPersistenceAdapter class expects its "dir" attribute to be a File
object, when all that can be sent via XML is a string.

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/mdemore/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
[../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
[...]
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:70)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:82)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:46)
	at
	at
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:159)
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:91)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService'
defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean
'(inner bean)' while setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested
exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
[../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:205)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:116)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:955)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:729)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:416)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:290)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:348)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:161)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:51)
	at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:41)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:82)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:47)
	... 10 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path
resource [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through
constructor argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert
constructor argument value [../activemq-data] to required type
[java.io.File]: Failed to convert value of type [java.lang.String] to
required type [java.io.File]; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve File for class path
resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource [../activemq-data] cannot
be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:375)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:126)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:683)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:621)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:198)
	... 26 more
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
[../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
java.lang.Exception:
[...]
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:71)

Re: Kaha persistence configuration - Unsatisfied dependency exception

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
oh,

but it did worked for me.. anyways, its good you got it fixed...

Regards

mar1394 wrote:

> [...]
>>> while
>>> setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
>>> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
>>> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
>>> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert
>>> constructor
>>> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]:
>>> Failed to
>>> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
>>> [java.io.File];
>>> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not
>>> retrieve
>>> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
>>> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
>>> java.lang.Exception:

Posted by mar1394 <Ma...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
fyi,

Posted by Philip Southam <ps...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Try changing dir="../activemq-data" to dir="file://activemq-data" or
dir="file://../activemq-data".

Regards,
Marlon

Posted by drvillo <f....@gmail.com>.
I haven't had the time to see if there's a better option but
setting an absoulte path does work...

Cheers
Francesco