Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2009/01/28 14:39:37 UTC

[build] Hudson based build

I now have an account [1] on the ASF Hudson machine, so can host some
more visible build and test projects there.

To get things started, I created a simple build job which will send mail
to the alerts@ list if the compile fails.

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Harmony/

Next step is to pass the results of that build into a short integrity
testing cycle.

[1] Any PMC member can get one by raising a JIRA with Infra.
See  http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson

Regards,
Tim

Re: [build] Hudson based build

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Egor Pasko wrote:

>>> It's still work in progress, but yes, just about done.
>>>
>>> I enhanced the 'build' job to include a very basic test (at this point
>>> it just runs the pack200 Junit tests.  This is to ensure that not only
>>> the build completes successfully, but that it also runs a very simple
>>> set of 'sniff' tests.
>>>
>>> I'm open to suggestions about what the sniff tests should be, but they
>>> should take next to no time at all to run after the build completes.
>>
>> 'sniff' testing in basic build is a good idea. And I guess pack200
>> unit tests should be just the right amount to be next to no time.
>>
>>> Once the short integration testing is working I'll redirect failures to
>>> the alerts list too, and schedule that to run frequently (being mindful
>>> that we are on a shared machine resource).  Then I'll move on to running
>>> longer tests, etc. etc.
>>
>> cool, ehwa running is already very useful
>
> I'm still struggling with the BTI, trying to adapt it to do the right thing.

OMG! I've been trying off and on to get the BTI running on my servers
to recreate the continuous integrity tests and I'd given up as I
thought it was just me and I was crazy. I feel a little better now
that someone else is having trouble with the BTI.

-Nathan

Re: [build] Hudson based build

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Chunrong,

Please don't be shy helping people with BTI. The help from Stepan and
Aleksey Varlamov (god praise their dedication to these fantastic
scripts) I got in addition to README was the most valuable and
welcome.

Thanks!

--
С уважением,