Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Nottebrok, Guido" <Gu...@telekom.de> on 2000/08/03 17:21:26 UTC

Problem with struts-example.war

Hallo,
i downloaded the struts zip-file and installed it on Win NT.

When I copy the struts-example.war in the tomcat webapps directory i cant't start tomcat anymore.
I type "tomcat start" in the dos-box, a second dos-box appears and disappears again.

When only installing the struts-documentation.war everything is o.k.

I also can execute the jakarta-taglib examples.

So the error seems to be in my installation of struts-example.war

What's my mistake?

Guido Nottebrok

Re: Problem with struts-example.war

Posted by Bob Sullivan <su...@dotech.com>.
make sure you have the JAXP jar file in your classpath. Otherwise, when unpacking struts-example.war,
Tomcat will die. Its all spelled out in the Struts doc's (but I also found out the hard way :).

Posted by Marius Sorin Barduta <ma...@necomm.ro>.
Try "tomcat run". It will run tomcat in the same window and you should get a
chance to see what's really happening there.
It's quite possible you don't have installed a jaxp compliant parser, see
README file in struts distribution.

Marius