Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by xVik <2r...@inbox.ru> on 2006/08/22 05:58:47 UTC

Why Howard choose testNG in tapestry test module

Yesterday i reed a last post on Howars's blog about tapestry testing and i
wonder why he choose tastNG not JUnit?

Re: Why Howard choose testNG in tapestry test module

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I'm a big fan of TestNG.

It's annotation driven.

It has a much better model for organizing the tests (into groups) and
controlling which tests run when.

It can run tests in parallel, which actually makes a difference on dual core
monsters like my home desktop.

It generates a much more comprehensive HTML report.

It allows you to perform setup and teardown for many tests; this allows it
to begin to move from pure unit testing towards integration testing. For
example, you can start up Jetty, run a bunch of tests against it, then shut
it down. You can do similar things for database access.

The Eclipse plugin is almost there (relative to the very mature JUnit
plugin).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: Why Howard choose testNG in tapestry test module

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Field <pa...@db.com>.

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by xVik <2r...@inbox.ru>.
I gues it is :)
As i can see Howard has a sharp eye for technologies and he would naver take
a bad one..

But may i ask wat exactly better (in short)?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Because TestNG is better ;)