Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by "Alex B." <bz...@apache.org> on 2015/01/07 07:30:14 UTC

Zeppelin Incubator PMC report for January 2015

Guys,

as today as a due date for Incubator PMC report and Zeppelin has started an
incubation on 2014-12-23 I wanted to rise a question - if Zeppelin is
expected to prepare subj.

But it strikes me that it has been taken care of :)

So my question is:
1)the reporting, is it just about edition popper section of incubation
wiki? Or should it be posted here for review first?
Is it expected to happen the same way in future or is it something we
should be taking care of?

2) should we kindly ask other mentors to sign it off? Which makes sense to
me, especially in light of ongoing discussion in Incubator list.

I'm attaching the current report:

ZeppelinZeppelin is a collaborative data analytics and visualization
toolfor distributed, general-purpose data processing systems such
asApache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.Zeppelin has been incubating since
2014-12-23.Three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation:  1. Complete the SGA  2. Migrate to ASF infrastructure  3.
Complete PODLINGNAMESEARCH-64Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC)
or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?   No.How has the community
developed since the last report?   Zeppelin has just entered the ASF
Incubator and the onboarding   is progressing nicely. All initial
committers have been issued   ASF accounts and the basic INFRA has
been setup.How has the project developed since the last report?   This
is the first report.Date of last release:   N/AWhen were the last
committers or PMC members elected?   N/ASigned-off-by:  [x](zeppelin)
Konstantin Boudnik  [ ](zeppelin) Hyunsik Choi  [X](zeppelin) Ted
Dunning  [ ](zeppelin) Henry Saputra  [X](zeppelin) Roman
ShaposhnikShepherd/Mentor notes:

Re: Zeppelin Incubator PMC report for January 2015

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Alex B. <bz...@apache.org> wrote:

> So in other words my proposal is to rotate all Chair responsibilities by a
> "reporting period", and as before I'm willing to volunteer to do that.

Great idea.

Even just moving around the responsibility for the report is a great thing.

Re: Zeppelin Incubator PMC report for January 2015

Posted by Anthony Corbacho <an...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I like the idea or rotating responsibilities for the chair (report) things.
I guess now it is the perfect time for us to try and learn how to handle
that.
 Everybody (that volunteer) should have a change to try at least once.

Cheers,
Anthony.

Posted by "Alex B." <bz...@apache.org>.

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by "Alex B." <bz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Alex B. <bz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> as today as a due date for Incubator PMC report and Zeppelin has started an
> incubation on 2014-12-23 I wanted to rise a question - if Zeppelin is
> expected to prepare subj.
> But it strikes me that it has been taken care of :)

Yes and I already did that. The report at this point only covered what
mentors have done wrt. on-boarding. Starting from the next one the
community is in charge or preparing one.

> So my question is:
> 1)the reporting, is it just about edition popper section of incubation
> wiki? Or should it be posted here for review first?
> Is it expected to happen the same way in future or is it something we
> should be taking care of?

Its up to you guys. You'll report monthly for two more months and then
quarterly. In a TLP project a Chair drives report creation and submission
to the board. I suggest you do the same -- decide on somebody who
would be acting as a Chair for Zeppelin and have that person:
   1. create an initial report a week ahead of Incubator deadline (for podling
    report submission)
   2. circulate it on dev@ to gather feedback
   3. post to the Incubator wiki for mentors to sign off

> 2) should we kindly ask other mentors to sign it off? Which makes sense to
> me, especially in light of ongoing discussion in Incubator list.

Mentors are required to sign off on each and every report. I can also
assure you that there'll be plenty of feedback for the first couple of
reports on dev@ ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Zeppelin Incubator PMC report for January 2015

Posted by "Alex B." <bz...@apache.org>.
Sorry, formating went totally off in gmail.
Here is a link to current report
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2015