Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl> on 2013/06/19 07:54:24 UTC

Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Hi there,

How can I locate the files that cause these errors in my Map/Reduce jobs?

java.io.IOException: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of input stream
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.handleRecordReaderNextException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.java:121)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.handleRecordReaderNextException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.java:77)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveContextAwareRecordReader.doNext(HiveContextAwareRecordReader.java:276)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveRecordReader.doNext(HiveRecordReader.java:79)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveRecordReader.doNext(HiveRecordReader.java:33)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveContextAwareRecordReader.next(HiveContextAwareRecordReader.java:108)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.moveToNext(MapTask.java:215)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.next(MapTask.java:200)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:48)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:417)
	at org.apache.hadoop

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Data Architect*
*
*
W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
E robin@us2.nl

<http://goo.gl/Lt7BC>
*What is CloudPelican? <http://goo.gl/HkB3D>*

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
irrevocably delete this message and any copies.

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
I think they are using hive,

can he look at "INPUT__FILE__NAME" in hive.

I have never tried it, so please pardon me if I am wrong

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
I think they are using hive,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
I think they are using hive,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
I think they are using hive,

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Unexpected end of input stream: how to locate related file(s)/

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.
Hi Arun,