Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Yu, Libo " <li...@citi.com> on 2013/09/10 16:59:38 UTC

monitoring followers' lag

Hi team,

I wonder if anybody can give detailed instructions on how to monitor
the followers' lag by using JMX. Thanks.

Regards,

Libo

Re: monitoring followers' lag

Posted by Siyuan he <hs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel,

Thanks for helping.

I think we found the reason here:

We check out and build kafka before jmx metrics added to
AbstractFetcherManager.

Thanks,

Siyuan

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013, Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's weird - it should just work - can you try this:
>
> you would have to start your Kafka broker with a JMX port - should be
> by default, otherwise use JMX_PORT=xxxx <start broker>
>
> ./bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.JmxTool --object-name
> '"kafka.server":type="ReplicaFetcherManager",name="Replica-MaxLag"'
> --jmx-url service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9999/jmxrmi

"time",""kafka.server":type="ReplicaFetcherManager",name="Replica-MaxLag":Value"

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Yu, Libo " <li...@citi.com>.
Thanks, Jun. I will try it out.