Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl> on 2004/09/26 12:55:52 UTC

generating view content basing on CForms widget values

Hi,
I came up with a use case that I have no way of doing with CForms.

I'd like to make some adjustments to the view according to widget
values. Examples:
- render date widgets red when date is in the past
- render the table row containing messages for user bold when message
has not been read before.

I can come up with some hack for top level widgets but I have no idea
how to do anything with widgets nested in repeater.

Please comment.

Re: generating view content basing on CForms widget values

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Michal Stochmialek wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:55:52PM +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I came up with a use case that I have no way of doing with CForms.
>>
>>I'd like to make some adjustments to the view according to widget
>>values. Examples:
>>- render date widgets red when date is in the past
>>- render the table row containing messages for user bold when message
>>has not been read before.
>>
>>I can come up with some hack for top level widgets but I have no idea
>>how to do anything with widgets nested in repeater.
>>

>I think using template.jx would be an answer for you.
>Using it you can access elements in repeaters and also
>nested repeaters.

Exactly.

>But actually it seems to be broken...

That won't last :-)

Sylvain

Re: generating view content basing on CForms widget values

Posted by Michal Stochmialek <mi...@e-informatyka.pl>.
On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:55:52PM +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Hi,
> I came up with a use case that I have no way of doing with CForms.
>
> I'd like to make some adjustments to the view according to widget
> values. Examples:
> - render date widgets red when date is in the past
> - render the table row containing messages for user bold when message
> has not been read before.
>
> I can come up with some hack for top level widgets but I have no idea
> how to do anything with widgets nested in repeater.

I think using template.jx would be an answer for you.
Using it you can access elements in repeaters and also
nested repeaters.

But actually it seems to be broken...

regards,
--