Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Fang <pl...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/05 07:36:45 UTC

I can't make index for .jsp files with IndexHtml!

Hail everyone,

I am Benson, and this is the first time I raise question via Lucene Users List.

I got a problem: Everytime I try to make an index with IndexHtml for a
directory under Tomcat webapps which includes .html and .jsp files, it
only scans for .html files, but not .jsp files. However, it works
while I make index with IndexFiles.

My command under DOS is as following:
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index /opt/lucene/index
../SampleDirectory
(where 'SampleDirectory' is the name of my target directory)

Thank you!

Benson Fang
--
ankh  wdj3  snb

                      "life, prosperity, health"

Re: I can't make index for .jsp files with IndexHtml!

Posted by Benson Fang <pl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 03:12:37 -0500, Erik Hatcher
<er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2004, at 1:36 AM, Benson Fang wrote:
> IndexHTML has this in its source code:
>
> if (file.getPath().endsWith(".html") || // index .html files
>                file.getPath().endsWith(".htm") || // index .htm files
>                file.getPath().endsWith(".txt"))...
>
> This is why .jsp files are excluded.
>
> Keep in mind that JSP files are not pure HTML (not even close in most
> cases, especially when using JSF).  I'm not sure what the built-in HTML
> parser will do with .jsp files.  Generally content shouldn't be in the
> view layer, so indexing .jsp pages may or may not be useful.  May I
> suggest switching to a Java web development framework that uses pure
> HTML templates?  Tapestry - http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry :)
>
>         Erik

Oh, I see

However, for some reason, I have to make index for .jsp files. In
fact, I've rewritten IndexHTML and compiled a new class file, but I
don't know how to substitute it for the old one. Is there any way that
I can still make index for .jsp?

Thank you very much!

Benson

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.