Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Swan, Michael" <Mi...@hmhco.com> on 2019/08/22 22:22:34 UTC

Building Android apps for 64-bit with ant

Hello all,
I have been searching all over the place for what command line argument/build setting/parameter/etc. I need to use to tell Ant to make a 64-bit build of an Android app I have been handed. After several days my colleague and I have been able to get it to build from the command line directly with Ant and through IntelliJ (Android Studio and Eclipse both fail). The build we get is 32-bit only and we have spent close to a week trying to find what needs to be adjusted to create a 64-bit build.

The manual makes no mention of 32 versus 64-bit compilations and Google keeps leading us to the Ant install instructions and Phone Gap/Cordova stuff.

Is there something we are missing? Does it magically start building 64-bit once we root out any libraries that are 32-bit only? Is it even possible to create a 64-bit build with Ant?

Thanks,
Mike Swan
iOS Developer

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Cell: 347-451-5418

Re: Building Android apps for 64-bit with ant

Posted by "Swan, Michael" <Mi...@hmhco.com>.
Hi Jaikiran,
Actually, you were of help. I’ve seen that guide but always thought that Java was Android’s native language and I had it in my head that there must be a setting that needed adjusting.

Now I get to figure out what libraries the project is using…

Thanks,
Mike Swan
iOS Developer

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Cell: 347-451-5418

From: Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 2:54 AM
To: "user@ant.apache.org" <us...@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Building Android apps for 64-bit with ant

This message originated from outside your organization

Hello Mike,

I don't think I'll be of much help - I don't have any Android
experience. But maybe this guide has the necessary details you are
looking for
https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit<https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit>

As noted in that guide, if your application is Java based, you won't
have to code or build it differently, it should just work fine on 64 bit
systems.

-Jaikiran

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello Mike,