Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jimmy35 <cb...@unica.com> on 2008/10/31 16:10:23 UTC

Re: SMTP throughput and JAMES benchmarking

rafael.munoz wrote:

> Hi
>
> No help or advice for how to measue SMTP throughput and mail processing
> time?
>
> regards,
> rafa

Did you have any luck with your testing?  If so, any advice our results?
I'm currently working with both Postage and SilkPerformer to test the SMTP
processing, simply receiving emails in my case, and I seem to be hitting a
threshold of about 1500 emails/min.

With Postage I just see diminishing returns as I increase users, with
SilkPerformer I can see that the actual response time from the server is
increasing as my users/volume increase and I'm wondering if anyone has had
any success tuning the throughput of James itself, or perhaps the Linux
boxes, then James?

  Cory