Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hans L'Hoest <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 14:01:07 UTC

Re: How to put cobertura.ser in target DIR

Hello all,

I seem to be running into the same problem: I can't configure the
cobertura datafile.

When running cobertura:cobertura I am getting:

"Cobertura: Coverage data file C:\projects\myproject\cobertura.ser
either does not exist or is not readable.  Creating a new data file."

Followed by lines like:

"[cobertura] INFO  [main]
net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport - Data file does
not contain instrumentation information for the file
MethodEditor.java.  Ensure this class was instrumented, and this data
file contains the instrumentation information."

It seems the instrumentation is saved to a different ser file than the
one that is being used by the report generation. (The instrument goal
instruments more classes than on the 2nd run with the cobertura goal.)

I can get it to work with a manual step:
* First run: mvn clean cobertura:instrument
* Then I copy the cobertura.ser file from
C:\projects\myproject\target\cobertura to C:\projects\myproject
* I run mvn cobertura:cobertura

My report is generated fine. No errors.

Any idea how I can fix this (this has nothing to do with the clean
goal it seems as the correct file cannot be found.)?

Thank you,
Kind regards,

Hans

Posted by Hugues Pisapia <hu...@labarben.org>.
Hi There,

I've had the antrun plugin does thi for me by adding this the parent
pom of my multi project:

          <plugin>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>process-test-resources</phase>
                <id>cobertura:bugfix</id>
                <configuration>
                  <tasks>
                    <copy file="${basedir}/target/cobertura/cobertura.ser"
                          todir="${basedir}/"
                          overwrite="true" failonerror="false"/>
                  </tasks>
                </configuration>
                <goals>
                  <goal>run</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>

And it seems to fix the stuff with sirefire 2.3 and cobertura 2.1.

- Hugues

Hugues

Re: How to put cobertura.ser in target DIR

Posted by Hans L'Hoest <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Bob. This worked.

Posted by Bob Allison <SW...@columbus.rr.com>.