Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ur...@netscape.net on 2005/10/11 00:54:19 UTC

[mp2] make test fails to start httpd on AIX 5.2, IHS 2.

1. Problem Description:

   make test fails to start httpd on AIX 5.2 Maintenance Level 2 with
IBM HTTP Server 2.0.47.1. The HTTP startup process times out.

2. Used Components and their Configuration:

*** mod_perl version 2.000001

*** using /download/perl/mod_perl-2.0.1/lib/Apache2/BuildConfig.pm

*** Makefile.PL options:
  MP_APR_LIB     => aprext
  MP_APXS        => /usr/IBMIHS/bin/apxs
  MP_CCOPTS      => -L/usr/IBMIHS/lib/
  MP_COMPAT_1X   => 1
  MP_GENERATE_XS => 1
  MP_LIBNAME     => mod_perl
  MP_USE_DSO     => 1

*** /usr/IBMIHS/bin/httpd -V
Server version: IBM_HTTP_Server/2.0.47.1-PK07831 Apache/2.0.47
Server built:   Jun 24 2005 16:32:15
Build level:    WWWIHS2047/web_IHS0525.03
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:4
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/worker"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/IBMIHS"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/IBMIHS/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

*** (apr|apu)-config linking info

 -L/usr/IBMIHS/lib -laprutil-0 -lexpat -liconv
 -L/usr/IBMIHS/lib -lapr-0 -lm -lnsl

*** /usr/local/bin/perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=aix, osvers=5.2.0.0, archname=aix-thread-multi
    uname='aix ecposidon 2 5 00032c4f4c00 '

    config_args=''
     usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc_r', ccflags ='-qstrict -q32 -D_LARGE_FILES -qlonglong',
    optimize='-O3',
    cppflags='-qstrict'
    ccversion='', gccversion='', gccosandvers=''
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=4321
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=8
     ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='ld', ldflags =' -brtl -L/usr/local/lib -b32'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
    libs=-lbind -lnsl -ldbm -ldl -lld -lm -lcrypt -lpthreads -lc_r -lbsd
    perllibs=-lbind -lnsl -ldl -lld -lm -lcrypt -lpthreads -lc_r -lbsd
    libc=/lib/libc.a, so=a, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
    gnulibc_version=''
  Dynamic Linking:
     dlsrc=dl_aix.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='
-bE:/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/aix
-thread-multi/CORE/perl.exp'
     cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-bhalt:4 -bM:SRE
-bI:$(PERL_INC)/perl.exp -bE:$(BASEEXT).exp -bn
oentry -lpthreads -lc_r -L/usr/local/lib'

   Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES
PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
  Built under aix
  Compiled at Oct  4 2005 16:44:21
  %ENV:
    PERL_LWP_USE_HTTP_10="1"
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/aix-thread-multi
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/aix-thread-multi
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
    .

*** Packages of interest status:

Apache2            : -
Apache2::Request   : -
CGI                : 3.00
ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.17
LWP                : 5.76
mod_perl           : -
mod_perl2          : -

3. This is the core dump trace: (if you get a core dump):

  [CORE TRACE COMES HERE]

This report was generated by t/REPORT on Mon Oct 10 22:42:45 2005 GMT.

-------------8<---------- End Bug Report --------------8<----------

    Thanks a lot.

Juan Manuel Uribe Mu
uribemu@netscape.net
Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select
delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home Page. And the new
Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White
Pages and more.  See for yourself at
http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/

Re: [mp2] make test fails to start httpd on AIX 5.2, IHS 2.

Posted by ur...@netscape.net.
Hi Bill,

    Sorry, no hope to use anything more recent, this is a build for a
production environment and I can only use stable IHS and mod_perl
versions, even though I agree that it would be nice to get the latest
and brightest.

   Thanks a lot.

Juan Manuel Uribe Mu
uribemu@netscape.net

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Question, any hope you could use something more recent than a 2 year old
> distribution of httpd, and let us know if the modern version reproduces
> the problem?
While I agree upgrading is good.
Since we say it should work, we should either look into it or up the minium.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html

I haven't been tracking httpd as closely as I'd like to.  Bill, is there some
AIX fix in particular in newer versions ?

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: [mp2] make test fails to start httpd on AIX 5.2, IHS 2.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.