Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Randall Fidler <ra...@testadvantage.com> on 2008/02/01 17:48:24 UTC

Release perform...

Hello,

            Running into an issue with the release plugin.  Using maven
2.0.7 (tried 2.0.8 also) I have a parent pom which has:

    <modules>

        <module>commons</module> <-- jar file

        <module>HostAdapter</module> <-- jar file

        <module>FileHostAdapterService</module>  <-- failure occurs here

        <module>SocketHostAdapterService</module>

        <module>FileTransferServer</module>

        <module>standardServer</module>

        <module>standardService</module>

        <module>HAServer</module>

        <module>HAService</module>

        <module>HibernateService</module>

        <module>web</module>                      <-- war file

        <module>StepOne</module>

    </modules>

When doing a release:perform (prepare works fine BTW) Maven compiles,
tests and deploys the commons project and then compiles / tests the
HostAdapter project but DOES NOT DEPLOY it.  When the next project needs
to be compiled (FileHostAdapterService) it complains that it cannot find
the HostAdapter jar (because it wasn't deployed!).

Looking at the lifecycle for jars (as defined here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycl
e.html) deploy should get run so I'm at a loss why the hostAdapter jar
isn't deployed.

Suggestions where to look?

Regards,

Randall