Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "G. T. Stresen-Reuter" <te...@clevernet.biz> on 2008/01/13 12:11:25 UTC

svn log exit status returns 1 with https

Hi,

I'm connecting to a repo via WebDAV over SSL inside a shell script.
The script is failing because svn log https://svn.mydomain.tld/repo -
v --xml is returning a status of 1 (rather than 0 for success).
Oddly, the command works, although there is a brief delay following
the first line of the output.

Is this a known issue? Is the exit status possibly the result of the
fact that I'm using a self-signed certificate (which has been
permanently added)? Does anyone have any experience with this?

My svn version is:
svn, version 1.3.1 (r19032)
    compiled Apr  4 2006, 00:30:54

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://
www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV)
protocol.
   - handles 'http' scheme
   - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
   - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
   - handles 'file' scheme

Thanks in advance for any pointers anyone can give!

Gustave Stresen-Reuter

Re: svn log exit status returns 1 with https

Posted by John Waycott <ja...@cox.net>.
G. T. Stresen-Reuter wrote:
> bump...
>
> I've been unable to find a solution, but I suspect the self-signed
> certificate is the culprit.
>
> Any ideas? Anyone?
>
> On Jan 13, 2008, at 12:11 PM, G. T. Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm connecting to a repo via WebDAV over SSL inside a shell script.
>> The script is failing because svn log https://svn.mydomain.tld/repo
>> -v --xml is returning a status of 1 (rather than 0 for success).
>> Oddly, the command works, although there is a brief delay following
>> the first line of the output.
>>
>> Is this a known issue? Is the exit status possibly the result of the
>> fact that I'm using a self-signed certificate (which has been
>> permanently added)? Does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>> My svn version is:
>> svn, version 1.3.1 (r19032)
>>    compiled Apr  4 2006, 00:30:54
>>
>> Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
>> Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
>> This product includes software developed by CollabNet
>> (http://www.Collab.Net/).
We use SVN 1.4.0 with a self-signed certificate and Apache 2.0.59. I
can't reproduce this error. Perhaps upgrading to 1.4 may fix the issue?

-- John

Re: svn log exit status returns 1 with https

Posted by "G. T. Stresen-Reuter" <te...@clevernet.biz>.
bump...