Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2003/10/07 22:55:27 UTC

Re: : relative links inside WEB-INF don't work

You shouldn't be able to execute JSPs within your WEB-INF, so all 3 of
your examples should be forbidden.

I think you might want to submit a bug report to whatever servlet engine
you're using.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Posted by Pierre Delisle <Pi...@Sun.COM>.
Manolo Ramirez T. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using jsp's outside WEB-INF to include prueba and prueba1, I forget
> to say that.

In that case, you'd want the following:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<c:import url="WEB-INF/prueba2.jsp"/>

    -- Pierre

Posted by "Manolo Ramirez T." <ma...@handsoftware.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
As an aside, you certainly can, and I think should, execute JSPs within
WEB-INF.  I even execute my resources within WEB-INF.

At 04:55 PM 10/7/2003 -0400, Serge Knystautas wrote:
>You shouldn't be able to execute JSPs within your WEB-INF, so all 3 of
>your examples should be forbidden.
>
>I think you might want to submit a bug report to whatever servlet engine
>you're using.
>
>--
>Serge Knystautas
>President
>Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com
>p. 301.656.5501
>e. sergek@lokitech.com
>
>Manolo Ramirez T. wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I have this problem with Tomcat 4.1.24 and taglibs-standard 1.0.3. When I
>>try lo include a jsp inside WEB-INF I must to use an absolute url, this
>>are my files:
>>###########################
>># /WEB-INF/jsp/prueba.jsp #
>>###########################
>><%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
>><c:import url="prueba2.jsp"/> <%-- doesn't work! --%>
>>
>>############################
>># /WEB-INF/jsp/prueba1.jsp #
>>############################
>><%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
>><c:import url="/WEB-INF/jsp/prueba2.jsp"/> <%-- works fine --%>
>># /WEB-INF/jsp/prueba2.jsp #
>>HELLO WORLD!
>>#/END
>>
>><jsp:include> works well with relative url's, What I'm missing? Is there
>>any way to use c:import to do this?. Help please.
>>Thanks in advance.

LEGAL NOTICE

you