Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2005/03/03 01:04:16 UTC

bad path exception

Hi,

I was playing around with the zooming interactor and found that when i
zoomed to a really small rectangle i am triggering following exception :

sun.dc.pr.PRException: endPath: bad path
atsun.dc.pr.Rasterizer.endPath(Rasterizer.java:537)
atsun.java2d.pipe.DuctusRenderer.createShapeRasterizer(DuctusRenderer.java:374)
atsun.java2d.pipe.DuctusShapeRenderer.renderPath(DuctusShapeRenderer.java:57)
atsun.java2d.pipe.DuctusShapeRenderer.draw(DuctusShapeRenderer.java:45)
atsun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.draw(SunGraphics2D.java:2129)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.StrokeShapePainter.paint(StrokeShapePainter.java:98)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeShapePainter.paint(CompositeShapePainter.java:125)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.ShapeNode.primitivePaint(ShapeNode.java:154)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:489)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.ShapeNode.paint(ShapeNode.java:142)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsNode.java:158)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.CanvasGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CanvasGraphicsNode.java:158)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:489)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsNode.java:158)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.genRect(GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.java:139)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.copyData(GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.java:115)
atorg.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.TranslateRed.copyData(TranslateRed.java:102)
atorg.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.DynamicRenderer.repaint(DynamicRenderer.java:238)
atorg.apache.batik.bridge.RepaintManager.updateRendering(RepaintManager.java:90)
atorg.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.updateRendering(UpdateManager.java:383)
atorg.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.updateRendering(UpdateManager.java:370)
atorg.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent$31.run(JSVGComponent.java:970)
atorg.apache.batik.util.RunnableQueue.run(RunnableQueue.java:177)
atjava.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The canvas seems to go confused afterwards. It seems that it's not
repainting parts of the viewbox anymore (not consistenly reproducable
though). Zooming out restores everything again back to its normal state.

Thoughts?
Jorg

Re: bad path exception

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Jorg,

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> I was playing around with the zooming interactor and found that when i
> zoomed to a really small rectangle i am triggering following exception :

    This is a known issue with the Java2D renderer if the scale factor
get's too large it goes out to lunch.  One might choose to limit
the scale factor to something reasonable.

> sun.dc.pr.PRException: endPath: bad path
> atsun.dc.pr.Rasterizer.endPath(Rasterizer.java:537)
> atsun.java2d.pipe.DuctusRenderer.createShapeRasterizer(DuctusRenderer.java:374)
>
> The canvas seems to go confused afterwards. It seems that it's not
> repainting parts of the viewbox anymore (not consistenly reproducable
> though). Zooming out restores everything again back to its normal state.

    The Java2D renderer doesn't work right at scales like that.