Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/21 09:15:07 UTC

DatabaseAddAction

I've read the tutorial but didn't see any "insert"
statement in the descriptor nor in the sitemap. The
descriptor file only maps parameter names to table
columns. So I am wondering how the insert was done.
Would someone point me to some related resources or
give a hint to mastering this action?

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

RE: DatabaseAddAction

Posted by Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl>.
Hello Kenny,

Your "subject" is your clue to the answer. An Action is called. If you not
already did so, please read the Cocoon docs about Actions.

In the employee example (/docs/samples/forms/employee.xsp), an Action is
called by supplying a request parameter "<input type="submit"
name="cocoon-action-Add" value="click here to add"/>", which, in combination
with the definitions in the site map, calls the Java class
DatabaseAddAction.java in "\xml-cocoon2\src\java\org\apache\cocoon\acting".
In this class the method "getAddQuery" builds the insert string you are
looking for.  The path "\xml-cocoon2" points to the place where I installed
the Cocoon sources. If you don't have the Cocoon sources (thus, binaries
only), you must rely on the documentation of these Actions (...).

Hugo Burm
hugob@xs4all.nl