Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Praveen, Galagali (IE10)" <Pr...@honeywell.com> on 2007/02/17 09:49:35 UTC

IS struts 2 websphere compatible?

Hi,

If struts2 needs jdk version 5 and if websphere 5.x or 6.x is not
compatible with jdk 1.5 can we still use struts 2 for our application
and still get it work fine ?

Thanks,

Praveen

Re: IS struts 2 websphere compatible?

Posted by "Priyanka.dandekar" <pr...@gmail.com>.
YES, you can backport struts 2 core and dependancy jar files to JDK 1.4 and
use them.

Here are the details of backporting

http://struts-2-developers.blogspot.com/2008/08/backporting-struts-2-to-jdk14-using.html
Backporting Struts 2 to JDK 1.4

Regards,
Priya

Re: struts and bulk inserts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Praveen, Galagali (IE10) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a scenario where my form can contain large number of rows say 100
> (or even more ) and each row contains some fields. There is a save
> operation that needs to be done on this data which basically puts as 100
> records in database . Since there is only going to be one formbean for a
> form how this can be handled ? Is there a smart way where I can insert
> all records in one go ?

I'm not sure what you're looking for guidance on, but perhaps the
following will help. If you have multiple rows, each of which is
composed of the same set of data, you can use indexed properties on your
form bean to capture that data. That takes care of capturing multiple
records with a single form bean.

As to how you then transfer those records into your database, that would
depend on what persistence technology you're using and how your
architecture is set up for transferring data between the view tier and
the backend database.

L.

struts and bulk inserts

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.
Actually Websphere 6.1 runs on IBM's JDK 1.5.  It's only Websphere 5.1
and 6.0 that use JDK 1.4.2.

Posted by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@capgemini.com>.
Struts 2 comes with distribution of jars that is JDK 1.4 compatible. You
can try that.

/Ashwani

Re: [S2] IS struts 2 websphere compatible?

Posted by Yogesh Gupta <yo...@citigroup.com>.
We are using websphere 5.1.2, which only supports j2ee 1.3. Can I use struts
2 (which has servlets 2.4) with wsad 5.1.2?

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.