Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2012/12/14 12:56:47 UTC

uimafit maven plugin

Am 14.12.2012 um 12:16 schrieb Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>:

> After uimaFIT has arrived at Apache UIMA, I will also take care that TextMarker will work together with uimaFIT more smoothly.

Peter, I am considering to set up a uimafit maven plugin to allow generating XML descriptors from uimafit-annotated classes. Is that something you would be interested in?

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: uimafit maven plugin

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Am 14.12.2012 12:56, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Am 14.12.2012 um 12:16 schrieb Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>:
>
>> After uimaFIT has arrived at Apache UIMA, I will also take care that TextMarker will work together with uimaFIT more smoothly.
> Peter, I am considering to set up a uimafit maven plugin to allow generating XML descriptors from uimafit-annotated classes. Is that something you would be interested in?
>
> -- Richard

Of course :-)

There are many things that make the usage of TextMarker for uimaFIT user
easier. The engine should probably be adapted and isn't there also a
maven plugin for jcasgen?

I haven't used uimaFIT for some time and do have an overview of all
concepts. One of my colleagues now uses TextMarker together with uimaFIT
and encourages this topic a bit more. However, I try to concentrate for
now on a TextMarker release candiate since it is annoying to use
TextMarker without an official downloadable version.

Peter

Re: uimafit maven plugin

Posted by Erik Fäßler <er...@uni-jena.de>.
If I may hook in here - I would consider such a plugin as quite beneficial and have sought this functionality myself already. I would absolutely vote for it since it would make working with Uimafit more seamlessly and hence more attractive. I just built some new components but did not make them Uimafit-compatible because I use the components in a normal Uima environment and as such needed to create the descriptors anyway. With such a plugin I would gladly write everything according to Uimafit and then just generate the descriptors automatically using the plugin.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from my iPhone