Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Grajeda <jg...@telephia.com> on 2003/07/02 00:09:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Solaris 8 Httpd-2.0.46 run-time problem

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Apache 2 running under Solaris 8 and I was
hoping someone could help. I've been able to 'successfully' configure
and compile the server but when I run any application in the bin
directory I receive the following message:

root@wdnamobile1 ~/apache-2.0.46/bin >./htpasswd
ld.so.1: ./htpasswd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory

A few things to note:

1. I compiled the software on a different computer than I'm trying to
run it on.

2. It runs correctly on the server I compiled it on if I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib where the libgcc_s.so.1 library lives.

3. I DO NOT want to install gcc on my web server.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can send any more information that is
needed but this basically a default install.

./configure --prefix=<path>
make
make install

Thanks again,

Jason

Re: [users@httpd] Solaris 8 Httpd-2.0.46 run-time problem

Posted by jume <ju...@telnor.com>.
Why dont you try copy the librarys under /usr/local/lib to that machine to.
Are to 2 machines running solaris 8.

Julio