Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Paulo Lopes <pm...@scratchydreams.com> on 2006/10/02 19:35:55 UTC

Build and boot OpenEJB 3

Hi,

I've been trying to build and boot OpenEJB 3 and boot this weekend and
although the mvn build script finishes with SUCCESS allover it is
weird because I get a couple of exceptions in the middle and some
missing classes... (see attachment)

I've a clean machine since my laptop crashed and I had to recover the
HD, I've installed Cygwin, JDK 1.5.0_09, Ant 1.6.5, Maven 2.0.4.

I've the latest SVN Geronimo code and I've build the SPECS as they say
on the WIKI:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk server
bootstrap clean specs

Then I try to build OpenEJB 3

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb3
mvn install

And I get the output I sent in attachment.

Now I'd like to boot it up but I can figure out how, so I can I test
my itests? Do I have to rely on maven build script to do that?

Thanks,
Paulo

Re: Build and boot OpenEJB 3

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 2, 2006, at 4:59 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Paulo Lopes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to build and boot OpenEJB 3 and boot this weekend
>> and
>> although the mvn build script finishes with SUCCESS allover it is
>> weird because I get a couple of exceptions in the middle and some
>> missing classes... (see attachment)
>
> The exceptions are part of the test suite.  I didn't notice any
> missing class exceptions.
>
>> Now I'd like to boot it up but I can figure out how, so I can I test
>> my itests? Do I have to rely on maven build script to do that?
>
> The assemblies are shut off by default, you can enable them like this:
>
>   mvn clean install -Dassemble=true
>
> Then to test the archive:
>
>   cd assembly/openejb-standalone/
>   maven itest
>
> Here is where the archives are after a build, just as an FYI:
>
>   assembly/openejb-standalone/target/openejb-3.0-incubating-
> SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
>   assembly/openejb-standalone/target/openejb-3.0-incubating-
> SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz

I'm sorry I found a fixed an issue relating to this when I sent this
email, but forgot to check it in (version number update).

If you update and give these directions a try now, it should work.

Definitely let me know if it works -- would be good to get a thumbs
up that someone other than me can run these.

-David

Re: Build and boot OpenEJB 3

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 2, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Paulo Lopes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to build and boot OpenEJB 3 and boot this weekend and
> although the mvn build script finishes with SUCCESS allover it is
> weird because I get a couple of exceptions in the middle and some
> missing classes... (see attachment)

The exceptions are part of the test suite.  I didn't notice any
missing class exceptions.

> Now I'd like to boot it up but I can figure out how, so I can I test
> my itests? Do I have to rely on maven build script to do that?

The assemblies are shut off by default, you can enable them like this:

   mvn clean install -Dassemble=true

Then to test the archive:

   cd assembly/openejb-standalone/
   maven itest

Here is where the archives are after a build, just as an FYI:

   assembly/openejb-standalone/target/openejb-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-
bin.zip
   assembly/openejb-standalone/target/openejb-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-
bin.tar.gz

-David

Build and boot OpenEJB 3