Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com> on 2019/11/14 18:12:00 UTC

sling12 timeline/feature models

hi,

I was wondering if there is a release timeline for Sling12. It seems
Sling12 would be a great candidate to move over to feature models.

Would love to hear what the community thinks about that and if there is
a way to contribute/get together and work on the sling 12 release.

Ruben

Re: sling12 timeline/feature models

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 16:32 -0800, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> I am currently working on this (see Sling Whiteboard module sling-
> org-apache-feature-model-starter).
>
> The module is using PM converted FMs to build and launch but I am
> working with Carsten to get the Sling Feature Maven Plugin’s include-
> artifact to create module FMs that are installed / deployed as part
> of the build. This way Sling can be composed of these FMs rather than
> having to write them manually. This goal is also able to incorporate
> repoinit FMs into its target FM.
>
> Afterwards I will start working on the creation of the executable JAR
> file.
>
> I hope to have this working somewhere mid-December this year.
>
> Cheers - Andy

Sounds great, thanks a lot Andy!

Thanks,
Robert