Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 00:08:19 UTC

Solr cloud and auto shard timeline

I've seen that Elastic Search has had auto shardding capabilities for some
time, is there a timeline for when a similar capability is being targeted
for Solr Cloud?

Re: Solr cloud and auto shard timeline

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I believe, you should see this in 4.3.

--

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: Solr cloud and auto shard timeline

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Jamie,

--

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: Solr cloud and auto shard timeline

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Can you elaborate on what you are looking for? If you mean automatically moving shards around, it's not anything I intend to work on currently. Not sure about others. I do plan on on working on an http command for moving shards though.

- Mark