Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil> on 2009/07/06 23:37:47 UTC

WebService(SOAP) Request

I am running JMeter 2.2 with Java 1.5.0_12. I am trying to add a WSDL to
a WebService(SOAP) Request sampler. For now, I just want to upload the
WSDL from my local drive.

So far, I have had no luck - "WSDL not valid..." error. I have been able
to connect to other simple WSDLs via HTTP, but the same WSDLs become
inaccessible if I download to disk and try to read via the file:///
protocol.

Is there a limitation for reading WSDLs from disk? Do I need to take
special care in how I download a WSDL to disk or upload into the sampler?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

--

Mike

Re: WebService(SOAP) Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/07/2009, Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil> wrote:
> I am running JMeter 2.2 with Java 1.5.0_12.

JMeter 2.2 is very old; please try a more recent version.

> I am trying to add a WSDL to a
> WebService(SOAP) Request sampler. For now, I just want to upload the WSDL
> from my local drive.
>
>  So far, I have had no luck - "WSDL not valid..." error. I have been able to
> connect to other simple WSDLs via HTTP, but the same WSDLs become
> inaccessible if I download to disk and try to read via the file:///
> protocol.
>
>  Is there a limitation for reading WSDLs from disk? Do I need to take
> special care in how I download a WSDL to disk or upload into the sampler?
>
>  Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

The WSDL is not needed to run a test; it is only used to preset some
of the fields.

Just set these manually, and ignore the WSDL.