Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net> on 2000/12/04 06:57:33 UTC

proposed addition, JNDI tags

I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.

Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz

It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.

Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?

thanks
--Danno

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Danno,

Since you already had an account on locus, this was easy -- you now have commit
access on the "jakarta-taglibs" repository as well.

Craig

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Danno Ferrin wrote:
>
> > I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
> > wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
> >
> > Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
> > the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
> > The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
> >
> > It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
> > JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
> > are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
> > Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
> >
> > Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?
> >

> +1 for including the JNDI tag library

+1

> +1 for Danno as a committer on jakarta-taglibs (so that he can check it in and
> maintain it, and also perhaps help on the other libs :-).

+1

The more the merrier!

Glenn

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Danno Ferrin wrote:

> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>
> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>
> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>
> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?

+1, assuming you're willing to be a Comitter and maintain this
library (at least initially).

So, another +1 for Danno as Comitter.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Danno Ferrin wrote:
>
>> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
>> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>>
>> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
>> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev
>> list.
>> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>>
>> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some
>> knowledge of
>> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
>> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
>> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>>
>> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?
>>

> +1 for including the JNDI tag library
>
> +1 for Danno as a committer on jakarta-taglibs (so that he can check it
> in and
> maintain it, and also perhaps help on the other libs :-).
>

>> thanks
>> --Danno
>

> Craig

Ok, I will maintain the tags since i have gotten the required votes for
committer access (Costin, Shawn, Justyna, Glenn, Nacho).  When will this
be granted?  I'll go ahead and check them in when I get access.

--Danno

(Now I finally got mail stuff figured out at my new job... it amazing
what a SMTP server on localhost can do!)

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by horwat <Ju...@eng.sun.com>.
+1 for Danno to be a committer

+1 on adding JNDI library

Justyna
< horwat@eng.sun.com >

Posted by Shawn Bayern <sh...@yale.edu>.
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> +1 for including the JNDI tag library
>
> +1 for Danno as a committer on jakarta-taglibs (so that he can check
> it in and maintain it, and also perhaps help on the other libs :-).

+1, +1

Shawn

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Danno Ferrin wrote:

> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>
> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>
> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>
> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?

+1 for including the JNDI tag library

+1 for Danno as a committer on jakarta-taglibs (so that he can check it in and
maintain it, and also perhaps help on the other libs :-).

> thanks
> --Danno

Craig

Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags

Posted by Shawn Bayern <sh...@yale.edu>.
On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Danno Ferrin wrote:

> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>
> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>
> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>
> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?

Sure.  Procedure has been, in the past, that people who submit tag
libraries should also ask to become committers themselves.  That way, they
can commit their own work and remain at least partially responsible for
updates to it in the future.

I'm happy to nominate you as a committer, assuming you don't mind.

Shawn