Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Grange, John" <jo...@bluefinger.com> on 2003/07/30 17:27:41 UTC

Accessing servlet from same webapp as cocoon

Hi,

We have a servlet contained in the same webapp as cocoon.  This servlet
generates the xml for our pipeline.  The only way we can get the file
generator to access this servlet is to use the full url e.g.

http://devapp1.locavista.com:8005/ReportsEngine/xml/report{requestQuery}&amp
;reportType=default

This application will be deployed to different hosts and may use https on
some, so we need some transparent way of accessing it, without having to
change the protocol, hostname and port for each deployment.

the full pipeline is shown below:

			<map:match pattern="roieer.*">
				<map:act type="request">
					<map:parameter name="parameters"
value="true"/>
					<map:generate type="file"
src="http://devapp1.locavista.com:8005/ReportsEngine/xml/report{requestQuery
}&amp;reportType=default"/>
				</map:act>
				<!--<map:generate type="file"
src="docs/OutOfAreaReport.xml"/>-->
				<map:select type="parameter">
					<map:parameter
name="parameter-selector-test" value="{1}"/>
					<map:when test="xml">
						<map:serialize type="xml"/>
					</map:when>
					<map:when test="html">
						<map:transform
src="stylesheets/html/roieer2html.xslt"/>
						<map:serialize type="html"/>
					</map:when>
				</map:select>
			</map:match>

John Grange
Software Team Leader
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834922
Email: john.grange@bluefinger.com

BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park, Wookey Hole Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1AF, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0) 1749 834902
Mobile: +44 (0) 7876 038058
web: www.bluefinger.com

Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple Quay,
BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. You should
not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in
error. No binding contract will result from this e-mail until such time as a
written document is signed on behalf of the company. BlueFinger Limited
cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this
message as it has been transmitted over public networks.***