Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Thuan Pham <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/02 16:15:04 UTC

Tez Installation Help.

Hi could someone guide me through the installation of TEZ engine for HIVE.
I successful installed hadoop 2.7.2 and hive 2.1.0 on my centos 7 machine
and it all works great however M.R is pretty slow, so I would like to
install TEZ on my machine. On the TEZ website there seems to be the source
code and the binaries, i could not get the source code to compile so I used
the binaries instead and loaded it into my HDFS however I cannot get it to
run correctly. I keep getting this error  when i run the command to test
the example.

$ bin/hadoop jar /home/tez/tez-examples-0.8.4.jar or
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tez/dag/api/TezConfiguration