Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/08/04 11:16:54 UTC

[VOTE] Tomcat 5.0 release plan

I have updated the dates mentioned in the release plan (given that
Tomcat 5 can't go to beta before the end of last month ;-) ). It now
calls for a beta before the 15th of August, which means either Tomcat
5.0.6 or 5.0.7 would have to be declared beta to fit the schedule
(assuming the one release per week keeps on, plus one week test/vote to
decide on the build stability). Of course, the release plan would be
affected by last minute changes or delays in the Servlet and JSP
specifications.

I consider the current 5.0.6 build to be feature complete, so I believe
this schedule is realistic. I volunteer to continue being the release
manager for this Tomcat branch.

This release plan vote if a maority vote. Please send any comments on
the release plan ASAP if some modifications are required.

<ballot>
[ ] +1 I approve this release plan, and I will help
[ ] +0 I approve this release plan
[ ] -0 I disagree with the release plan
[ ] -1 I am against this release plan
</ballot>

<comments>
</comments>

Remy

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 5.0 release plan

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> I have updated the dates mentioned in the release plan (given that
> Tomcat 5 can't go to beta before the end of last month ;-) ). It now
> calls for a beta before the 15th of August, which means either Tomcat
> 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 would have to be declared beta to fit the schedule
> (assuming the one release per week keeps on, plus one week test/vote to
> decide on the build stability). Of course, the release plan would be
> affected by last minute changes or delays in the Servlet and JSP
> specifications.
>
> I consider the current 5.0.6 build to be feature complete, so I believe
> this schedule is realistic. I volunteer to continue being the release
> manager for this Tomcat branch.
>
> This release plan vote if a maority vote. Please send any comments on
> the release plan ASAP if some modifications are required.
>
> <ballot>
> [ ] +1 I approve this release plan, and I will help
> [X] +0 I approve this release plan
> [ ] -0 I disagree with the release plan
> [ ] -1 I am against this release plan
> </ballot>

For the next few months I can't help too much - really sorry, but my work
schedule is crazy.

Costin

Re: [OT] New job

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> This is OT, sorry.
>
> I've accepted a position of Consultant at the JBoss Group, where I will
> help maintain the JBoss / Tomcat integration (which has become
> especially important since their decision to use Tomcat as their default
> servlet container in the upcoming JBoss releases), spend a significant
> amount of time working on Tomcat (as before), and provide commercial
> support / consulting / training on Tomcat.
>
> So the cool part is that my Tomcat work is funded again :)

Great !!!

Isn't it nice to be able to do some open source as part of your day job ?
:-)

Costin

Re: [OT] New job

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.

[OT] New job

[OT] New job

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> <ballot>
> [X] +1 I approve this release plan, and I will help
> [ ] +0 I approve this release plan
> [ ] -0 I disagree with the release plan
> [ ] -1 I am against this release plan
> </ballot>

<comments>
I will be without a computer (therefore not checking email) next week aug 10-17.
</comments>

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 5.0 release plan

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Re: [VOTE] [5.0.6] Stability ratings

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> <ballot>
> [X] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> </ballot>

I am going to vote alpha for this build, because of the wealth of small
bugs I just fixed (manager, the fix for the old cross context problem,
etc). It is encouraging that people are showing up to test it, and it
seems the build stability is good enough to make 5.0.7 a likely beta
(which would allow to meet the schedule :) ).

Remy

Re: [VOTE] [5.0.6] Stability ratings

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

[VOTE] [5.0.6] Stability ratings