Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kais Pharda - CSCI/F1999 <kp...@scs.Ryerson.CA> on 2000/09/28 17:32:00 UTC

setting up the jakarta server

Hi dear,
I am a student working on a wap project. recently i was refered to apache
server and i installed it. i want to make a wap server on it and it fails
to show *.wml files, i can upload html files and they work fine, are there
any plug-ins to make the server able to serve wml pages too?
I hope i hear useful tips from you.
thanks in advance.
sencerely yours,

kais pharda
second year computer science student

Re: setting up the jakarta server

Posted by Jon Skeet <jo...@peramon.com>.
> I am a student working on a wap project. recently i was refered to apache
> server and i installed it. i want to make a wap server on it and it fails
> to show *.wml files, i can upload html files and they work fine, are there
> any plug-ins to make the server able to serve wml pages too?

I suspect you just need to add the relevant content type to web.xml:

<mime-mapping>
  <extension>
    wml
  </extension>