Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org> on 2006/07/11 21:02:39 UTC

Re: svn commit: r420933 - in /maven/continuum/branches/continuum-acegi/continuum-webapp/src/main/resources: commons-logging.properties log4j.properties

carlos@apache.org wrote:
> Author: carlos
> Date: Tue Jul 11 10:29:53 2006
> New Revision: 420933

> Log:
> Add logging config files

-1 to the log4j configuration

Logging is configured through Plexus, see application.xml

--
Trygve

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
*the onlooking crowd gasps* "Trygve pulled out the veto!"

:)

Regardless, I agree. I'm pretty sure Continuum already has a log4j
configuration in it's application.xml that can include both these
configurations.

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Isn't the core problem here that continuum & plexus don't have any usefull documentation, be it in
the javadoc / source comments or external docs ?
It would be nice to see continuum being a best practice example of the maven promoted best
practices. The way I see it is that maven best practices is not just dividing projects into modules
and adding a pom with some magic,  but also how to make developers work more efficiently, which is
something I cannot find in this project.

Btw not saying I am doing a perfect job though :)

Mvgr,
martin

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
it's not that I just ignore it, I thought that was the way to do it.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.