Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/04/29 23:35:06 UTC

Moving SVN

I'm thinking of moving the SVN repo Monday morning at 9am PDT. When this
is done, you will need to "svn switch" your repo, and/or modify your
"git" remotes accordingly. The old repo was

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/trafficserver

and the new will be (I think?)

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver

Let me know if you have any problems with this. There might be a few
days until we get everything settled in, particularly anything
"automated" that expects to find the old stuff under incubator.

Thanks!

-- leif

Re: Moving SVN

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 04/30/2010 08:27 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> On 04/29/2010 10:14 PM, John Plevyak wrote:
>>
>> When this happens if you could send out a note on how to update
>> svn and git trees that would be great.  I know how to do git myself
>> but I am sure there are others who would be interested.
>
> SVN URL: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/
> --------------
>
> Change directory into your working area (top-level), and run
>
>     svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/

One thing I forgot to mention, make sure you make a copy of your SVN
repo before doing any of this stuff, it could potentially mess up your
repo if you do a mistake. In my case, I made a copy, and did all the
"svn switch" work on that copy.

-- leif

Re: Moving SVN

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 04/30/2010 09:12 AM, John Plevyak wrote:

> My git trees are still working fine and the url was
>          url = git://git.apache.org/trafficserver.git
> and that hasn't changed.
>
> I still haven't mastered git-svn, but since my tree
> didn't change, that means that all the git-svn-id:
> in the git commit logs point back to missing svn entries
> which is probably the problem.

Ah, so you never connected the SVN "git remote" ?
> Of course fixing that will completely destroy any git trees.
> Fortunately git includes a complete repo and all we have
> to do is pull a new git and replay the changes to it.

Yeah, I think that's what people suggested (and I tried), to clone a new
git repo, and "copy" over whatever you needed from the old repo.
However, when I do a "git clone" of that git.apache.org repo, and attach
the SVN remote, it fails, so something else is broken there. I did
follow my old directions from:

     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Git

and that still didn't work :/.

-- leif

Re: Moving SVN

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org>.

My git trees are still working fine and the url was
        url = git://git.apache.org/trafficserver.git
and that hasn't changed.

I still haven't mastered git-svn, but since my tree
didn't change, that means that all the git-svn-id:
in the git commit logs point back to missing svn entries
which is probably the problem.

Of course fixing that will completely destroy any git trees.
Fortunately git includes a complete repo and all we have
to do is pull a new git and replay the changes to it.

john

Re: Moving SVN

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Re: Moving SVN